Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) Benefits:
* Enhanced flexibility for fluid movement and healthy joints
* Increased circulation
* Promotes nerve health
* Prevents future development of chronic pain patterns
Isolates (targets) specific muscles with short hold stretch done in sets of repetitions. (hold 2 seconds; up to 10 reps)
The following stretches are common to upper body pain. Once a chronic pain pattern is established, advanced medical massage typically restores the tissues. Then good self-care will maintain the results of the massage protocol. The links provide an introduction and examples of therapeutic stretches for common pain patterns.
Overview of AIS by Dr. Mercola and Mr. Mattes
Demonstrations Chest & Neck Muscles by Arron Mattes:
Chest Muscles (Pectoralis Major and minor)
to help prevent upper back pain
Neck Muscles (10 positions)
Schedule your stretch session with us to
* confirm your body position for safety and effectiveness
* customize for your specific stressors for your complete, balanced self-care plan
* learn what it feels like when the stretch targets/isolates a specific muscle
Our lead massage therapist, Carole Suzanne Jackson, has advanced-level training with Aaron Mattes in addition to certification in clinically advanced medical massage protocols. A complete stretch session will include additional stretches for more balanced and complete results.
* Always get physician's confirmation that you are healthy enough to a new exercise program.
* This outline is for educational purposes only.
Got pain? Get Lasting Relief!
Unexplained Chronic Pain
Chronic pain resulting from: Migraine Type Headaches (80% resolve completely)
Forward head posture
Unexplained chronic Pain
Osteoarthritis (Yes, knees)
Foot Drop Gait